My knowledge of the Bramhills is very sparse but I offer it in the hope it may add a little to "the family tree". When my husband died in 1977 I took my youngest children back to England and tried to interest them in their roots but unfortunately I think they were interested in other things.
My husband spoke of two brothers who quarreled and while one remained in England, the other came to Canada. He did not know how far back this had been. We arrived in Canada in 1960, as immigrants with three children.
While waiting for the train in Montreal, "Bram" checked the phone book and found two Bramhills listed but didnít call, as time was short. However, when we settled in Ladner, near Vancouver, he contacted Richard (Dick) Bramhill and his wife, who at that time were raising their grandson "Jimmy". I remember Dick and "Bram" looking at old photographs and deciding there was a family likeness. Unfortunately we moved to the Peace River area of British Columbia and lost touch with Dick and his family.
My husbandís grandfather was named Luther and as far as I know had a brother John Everett who married Mary Anne Pollit. I gave Philip a photograph of their headstone in the village churchyard at Reedness near Goole (UK). Reedness and Goole are in Yorkshire not too far from Epworth.
1) Margaret or Maggie married John Blacker and lived on the family farm at Loftsome Bridge, Lincolnshire. No exact birth or death dates for Luther but he may have died in late 1951 or early 1952 and was probably in his late 70's or early 80's.
2) Bertha married John Hunt but this I think was her second marriage.
3) Edith died at 7 years old of meningitis.
4) Harold, my husbandís father, married Constance Squires and lived at Reedness near Goole, Yorkshire and later moved to Skirpenbeck near York.
Harold and Constance had three children:
1) Mary married Eric Scott Robertson lived in Edinborough and had three children.
2) Henry married twice and had two sons. The oldestís name was Paul.
3) Arthur Everett married Patricia Dawn Hotham (me) and we had five children Ė Janice, Sandra, Philip, who were born in Yorkshire, England and Ruth and Tracey who were born in Canada. All live in Victoria. Tracey lived in Toronto for a while where she was listed in the phone book as T. Bramhill and often received phone calls for Tom Bramhill.
After Arthur died I had a phone call from a lady whose husband was in the RCMP but I had so little knowledge that there was no follow-up.
Philip was with the Army Cadets and enjoyed target shooting. He was a representative for Canada at Bisley, England. And he was top cadet in Canada the year his father died in 1977. Later he was at summer camp as a training officer and had a cadet named Paul Bramhill but again lack of knowledge impeded any follow-up.
Although I am now a Vinden the largest part of my life was spent as a Bramhill. If you make some connections for me I will be very pleased.
Best wishes with your project
Arthur and Patricia Bramhillís children:
Phillip born in Yorkshire, England
Sandra born in Yorkshire, England
Janice born in Yorkshire, England
Ruth born in Canada
Tracey born in Canada
For the record, I am Sandra Bramhill daughter of Arthur and Patricia Bramhill. I was born in Yorkshire, England and emigrated to Canada in 1960. I live in Stewart, BC and my e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. I moved to Stewart June of 2005; discovered that I had cancer August of 2005 and after various surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation, I have now been considered cancer free since July of 2006.
I am currently the Government Agent in Stewart;
information regarding location and the job that I do is located on this page:
Click on Stewart to go directly to my office location.
Currently, I am hosting the District of Stewart website on my domain name (http://www.sandrabramhill.com). There is some interesting information here. Once the District takes the website back to their domain page (www.districtofstewart.com), I will be creating a web page regarding the specific history of my family.
of Luther Henry Bramhill
Descendants of Luther Henry Bramhill
Generation No. 1
1. LUTHER HENRY9 BRAMHILL (JOHN EVERATT8, JONATHAN7, JONATHAN6, THOMAS5, THOMAS4, THOMAS3, JOHN2, WILLIAM1)1 was born February 10, 1869 in Swinefleet, Lincolnshire, England1, and died 1952 in Buried at Whitgift1. He married HANNAH MARY HUNT1 in District of Goole.
Notes for LUTHER HENRY BRAMHILL:
While researching Thomas Bramhill yesterday at the Family History Centre in
Burnaby I came across a marriage entry for Luther Henry Bramhill. He is listed as married in the first quarter of 1890 in the district of Goole, Vol. 9C Page 841.
Children of LUTHER BRAMHILL and HANNAH HUNT are:
i. ARTHUR HENRY10 BRAMHILL1, b. 1891, Whitgift, Lincolnshire, England1; d. 18911.
2. ii. GEORGE EVERATT BRAMHILL, b. 1894; d. 1969.
3. iii. HAROLD BRAMHILL, b. 1896; d. 1972, Buried at Shirpenbeck.
iv. MARGARET (MAGGIE) SARAH MARY BRAMHILL1, b. 19001; d. 19691; m. JOHN BLACKER1, June 23, 19211.
Notes for MARGARET (MAGGIE) SARAH MARY BRAMHILL:
Maggie and John Blacker had 5 boys and 3 girls. They lived at Loftsham Bridge. The farm has now been sold and is currently a guest house.
v. BERTHA BRAMHILL1, b. 19011; m. (1) JOHN HUNT1; m. (2) GEORGE HERBERT OADES1, May 21, 19231.
Notes for GEORGE HERBERT OADES:
George was the blacksmith at Eastoft. After his death Bertha married John Hunt.
vi. EDITH BRAMHILL1, b. 19081; d. 1915, Buried at Whitgift1.
Notes for EDITH BRAMHILL:
Edith died at 7 years old of meningitis.
Generation No. 2
2. GEORGE EVERATT10 BRAMHILL (LUTHER HENRY9, JOHN EVERATT8, JONATHAN7, JONATHAN6, THOMAS5, THOMAS4, THOMAS3, JOHN2, WILLIAM1)1 was born 18941, and died 19691. He married ROSE HANNAH WOOD1 December 24, 19151.
Notes for GEORGE EVERATT BRAMHILL:
George and Rose had a family of 7 girls and 1 son. The son died in infancy.
Children of GEORGE BRAMHILL and ROSE WOOD are:
i. BERTHA11 BRAMHILL, b. 1923; d. 1944.
ii. JESSIE BRAMHILL, b. 1928; d. 1956.
iii. GEORGE HENRY BRAMHILL, b. 1936; d. 1937.
Notes for GEORGE HENRY BRAMHILL:
Died in infancy at the age of 15 months.
3. HAROLD10 BRAMHILL (LUTHER HENRY9, JOHN EVERATT8, JONATHAN7, JONATHAN6, THOMAS5, THOMAS4, THOMAS3, JOHN2, WILLIAM1)1 was born 18961, and died 1972 in Buried at Shirpenbeck1. He married CONSTANCE SQUIRES1 July 18, 19181.
Notes for HAROLD BRAMHILL:
Harold and Constance lived at Reedness near Goole, Yorkshire and later moved to Shirpenbeck near York. We have an alternative birthdate for Harold of 1894.
Children of HAROLD BRAMHILL and CONSTANCE SQUIRES are:
4. i. MARY11 BRAMHILL, b. 1921.
5. ii. HENRY BRAMHILL, b. 1923.
6. iii. ARTHUR EVERATT BRAMHILL, b. 1929; d. 1977.
Generation No. 3
4. MARY11 BRAMHILL (HAROLD10, LUTHER HENRY9, JOHN EVERATT8, JONATHAN7, JONATHAN6, THOMAS5, THOMAS4, THOMAS3, JOHN2, WILLIAM1)1 was born 19211. She married ERIC SCOTT ROBERTSON1.
Notes for MARY BRAMHILL:
Mary and Eric lived in Edinborough and had three children. Alternative birth date is 1919.
Children of MARY BRAMHILL and ERIC ROBERTSON are:
i. LESLEY12 ROBERTSON1.
ii. GORDON ROBERTSON1, d. 19781.
Notes for GORDON ROBERTSON:
Alternative date of death is 1973.
iii. JANE ROBERTSON1.
5. HENRY11 BRAMHILL (HAROLD10, LUTHER HENRY9, JOHN EVERATT8, JONATHAN7, JONATHAN6, THOMAS5, THOMAS4, THOMAS3, JOHN2, WILLIAM1)1 was born 19231. He married (1) CYNTHIA COLLINS1. He married (2) EILEEN SHAW1.
Notes for HENRY BRAMHILL:
Henry married twice and had two sons. The oldest's name was Paul. Alternative birthdate is 1921.
Notes for CYNTHIA COLLINS:
Henry and Cynthia had one son born in 1952. They divorced.
Children of HENRY BRAMHILL and CYNTHIA COLLINS are:
7. i. PAUL12 BRAMHILL, b. September 1952.
ii. CHRISTINE BRAMHILL1, b. March 19471.
Child of HENRY BRAMHILL and EILEEN SHAW is:
iii. DAVID12 BRAMHILL1, b. July 19571.
Notes for DAVID BRAMHILL:
David had one son.
6. ARTHUR EVERATT11 BRAMHILL (HAROLD10, LUTHER HENRY9, JOHN EVERATT8, JONATHAN7, JONATHAN6, THOMAS5, THOMAS4, THOMAS3, JOHN2, WILLIAM1)1 was born 19291, and died 19771. He married PATRICIA DAWN HOTHAM1.
Children of ARTHUR BRAMHILL and PATRICIA HOTHAM are:
i. SANDRA DAWN12 BRAMHILL1, b. 1954, Yorkshire, England1.
ii. PHILLIP NEIL BRAMHILL1, b. 1959, Yorkshire, England1.
iii. JANICE LYNDA BRAMHILL1, b. 1952, Yorkshire, England1.
iv. KAREN RUTH BRAMHILL1, b. Canada1.
v. TRACEY RHEA BRAMHILL1, b. Canada1.
Generation No. 4
7. PAUL12 BRAMHILL (HENRY11, HAROLD10, LUTHER HENRY9, JOHN EVERATT8, JONATHAN7, JONATHAN6, THOMAS5, THOMAS4, THOMAS3, JOHN2, WILLIAM1)1 was born September 19521. He married BARBARA1.
Child of PAUL BRAMHILL and BARBARA is:
i. HELEN13 WIGHT1.
1. Jonathan Bramhill.FTW, Date of Import: Sep 6, 2002.
- End -